D. Scott Wesley
- Family Law
- The Florida Bar
- The Florida Bar - Family Law Section
- Sarasota County Bar Association
- Manatee County Bar Association
- Florida Supreme Court , 2015 to Present
- Accepted in the Middle District of Florida
Attorney D. Scott Wesley grew up in Hudson Valley, New York, and practices family law, estate planning, bankruptcy and landlord-tenant disputes. He graduated in 2016 with honors from Western Michigan University, Thomas Cooley Law School.
After graduating from California Polytechnic University in Southern California with a Bachelor's of Science degree in construction engineering, he worked as a contractor for IBM. He later opened two companies in northwest Washington - Full Spectrum Development, Inc. and Advantage Cable Television, LLC, which he sold in 1998 before attending law school. His understanding of business and legal matters makes him a strong advocate for residents of Sarasota.
Mr. Wesley strongly believes in supporting the local community and provides legal advice to the citizens of the community who lack the resources to otherwise afford legal counsel. He interned at Legal Aid of Manasota throughout law school and continues to donate his time to that great organization. He also interned at the Department of Children's and Family Services in Sarasota and Bradenton during his last year in law school. Mr. Wesley has been honored by Legal Aid of Manasota with their Outstanding Service by a Young Lawyer Award for all the time he donated over the years.
When Mr. Wesley is not practicing law, he likes to spend time traveling, especially to Arizona, California, New York and Mexico. He also enjoys skiing, golf, tennis, hiking and biking. Mr. Wesley dabbles in cooking, reading, spending time with the family, his fiancee and his four dogs.
- Western Michigan University, Cooley Law School, Lansing, Michigan
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: cum laude
- Concord Law School of Kaplan University, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 2012
- California Polytechnic University, Pomona, California
- B.S. - 1987
- Outstanding Service by a Young Lawyer, 2018
- Legal Aid of Manasota, Sarasota, FL
- Legal Aid of Orange County, CA